CRM 4.0 Import Translation file failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I get the following warning when I tried to import back the translated labels into CRM 4.0:-

Nothing happen after I click on the OK button to ignore the warning. 

Initially I thought that it was due to the translation text problem, however, we I tried to import back the original backup file from the system, I still get the same message as above.

Anyone has any idea what is happening? Am i missing any steps before the import? I don't think it's my file name causing the problem as i named it - CRMTranslation.xml

Any thoughts are very much appreciated.

Monday, June 17, 2013 5:43 AM

Answers

• The length of the filename might not be the problem... but it does say its your path thats included...

So if you located the file on your Desktop in a folder called CRMtranslations, the filepath would be C://users/xxxxxxx/Desktop/CRMtranslations/CRMTranslation.xml, that would be 63 charaters alone...

So you can see how it would grow if you put the file on a network drive or too deep in your folder structure.

But.. I have never seen this problem before... sooo... no clue as to what the problem is.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Marked as answer by Mee Kee Monday, June 24, 2013 6:17 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 10:07 AM

All replies

• The length of the filename might not be the problem... but it does say its your path thats included...

So if you located the file on your Desktop in a folder called CRMtranslations, the filepath would be C://users/xxxxxxx/Desktop/CRMtranslations/CRMTranslation.xml, that would be 63 charaters alone...

So you can see how it would grow if you put the file on a network drive or too deep in your folder structure.

But.. I have never seen this problem before... sooo... no clue as to what the problem is.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Marked as answer by Mee Kee Monday, June 24, 2013 6:17 AM
    Monday, June 17, 2013 10:07 AM
  • Hi there,

Thanks for the hints given, this solved the problem. 

Thanks.

Monday, June 24, 2013 6:19 AM