WHS Logon Problems RRS feed

• Question

• My system starts up but it wont let me logon.  I enter my username and password and then it begins to log on, then says "saving settings" and "logging off"  without me even hitting a button.  Is there some method of a work around I can use? 

• Edited by BigMohl Monday, November 23, 2009 5:29 AM typo
    Monday, November 23, 2009 5:28 AM

All replies

• My system starts up but it wont let me logon.  I enter my username and password and then it begins to log on, then says "saving settings" and "logging off"  without me even hitting a button.  Is there some method of a work around I can use? 

Is this for Windows Home Server?  If not, you should post your question in the correct OS forum.  If it is, have you tried rebooting your server?
    Monday, November 23, 2009 6:11 AM
  • If it is on Windows Home Server, local logon is not supported. If you do anyway, you should use the account Administrator with the console password.
    If this is for a client PC, this can happen, if either the user profile is damaged (try another user account) or the drive letter of the boot partition did change for the system volume as outlined in KB249321.
    This thread also shows, how you can edit the registry in such situations: it is possible to boot from a Vista or Windows 7 DVD and from within the System Repair environment to open a command prompt and run regedit from there.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, November 23, 2009 11:26 AM
  • It is for WHS, tried rebooting the server and its still loggin me off right after I log on.  I will attempt a registry repair to see if that might work.  I'm trying the local logon because my client PCs cant even connect to the server.
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:07 AM
  • In this case I would recommend to perform a server reinstall.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Monday, November 30, 2009 9:18 AM