free trial for live one RRS feed

• Question

• I recently signed up for a free trial of windows live one for protection on my laptop.  When I finished setting up the process, I was charged $49. for the full subscription.  Since the installation of this live one on my laptop, I have been very, very dissatisfied with the product and do not want it installed on my computer any longer.  I have had nothing but low battery signs since signing in and it is not very user friendly like the other protection I have on some of my other computers.  Please tell me how I can delete this subsription and get my refund...Like I said it was to be a free 90 trial and I was charged $49. and the expiration date is sometime in 2010...please help me and guide me how to get this accomplished...way too many problems on my laptop have occurred since signing up.  Please respond to my email address cmckeown@satx.rr.com.
    deleted address
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:33 PM

Answers

• When you install the trial, you get to use it for 90 days for free. If you subscribe at any time before that 90 days is up by clicking subscribe in OneCare, your trial ends and the subscription period begins.

If your battery is draining faster with OneCare installed, I suspect that you did not remove other protection from the PC before installing OneCare and there is a conflict causing excessive processor usage. OneCare should otherwise have no effect on battery life and should also typically improve the processor performance as it uses less resources than other similar suites.

To remove OneCare from your PC -
    How to Uninstall Windows Live OneCare

To cancel your subscription and obtain a refund you need to contact support:

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 6:19 PM