Check if you have enough free space. RRS feed

• Question

• I have a system with 1tb (2x500) drive space of which less than 100gb's are being used.  I have a total of 7 computers (1 of which is the Home Server).  I have a shared file on HS which is used by all of the computers and I periodically get an error message saying that the system cant write to the file and to check if i have enough free space.  This file is only 21mb.  If I move this file to one of the other computers and have everyone access it there I get no error messages.  I installed Power Pack 1 but it's not helping.  I turned off duplication for that file and it doesnt help either.  Any suggestions?
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:23 PM

All replies

• Have you filed a bug report on Connect? Did you include talq logs from the server and affected clients, per the Power Pack 1 prerelease documentation? If not, could you please?
    Friday, July 11, 2008 1:42 AM
  • What is the bug number for this on Connect?

Friday, July 11, 2008 3:27 PM
  • Sorry for the very, very long delay.  I just submitted my bug report(356493).

thanks for any help you might be able to give.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:08 AM
  • When I see intermittent file access issues like this, I normally look first to the network. Can you tell us about your network configuration: What router, what switches (if any), what network cards you have in your client PCs and home server? Given that you have an issue when the file is shared from your home server, and not when it's shared from a client PC, I'd look at the NIC and drivers for the home server, and the wiring from the home server to your switch or router.
    Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:50 PM
  • All of the clients are Dell systems with Intel NIC and Home Server is an HP box and I have 1 linksys router and hub.  I have several other files shared on Home Server but only problems when accessing only this one file.  I did have problem with the router last year and replaced it.
    Friday, July 18, 2008 12:38 PM