CRM email routing issue RRS feed

• Question

• Have an issue with the email router in CRM 4.0 with new exchange 2010 server .

Setup is CRM 4.0 installed on a domain (domainA) and the email server (exchange server 2003) is on a different domain domainB. The system is working and users are receiving cases.

We have installed a new domain domainC with a new exchange server (exchange 2010). I have patch the email router (on domainA) up to update 16 and can confirm that I can see the option to choose ‘Exchange 2010’ in the incoming email routing settings. I also choose the ExchangeOnline for the outgoing settings.

When i try and use these new settings email does not disappear from the queue within CRM but only does when i remove the new configured settings and use the old ones.

Is there any permission I have to consider for the CRMAdminUser  on domainA and also permission to be allowed on the exchange2010 server to allow for emails to be sent.

We are trying to turn off domainA and domainB later on.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 3:35 PM

All replies

• Your questions suggests that outgoing emails can be sent via the Exchange 2003 Server on domain B but not via Exchange 2010 on Domain C.

Firstly, I would look in the Windows event logs on the server running the E-mail Router. You may find error messages that help pinpoint the problem.

Something you can check though, is the Exchange 2010 server configured to allow the E-mail Router to relay through it?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:42 AM