Office XP Professional fails validation (product not activated) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I am experiencing validation problems with Office XP Professional and Publisher. The products are recognized as genuine but the validation fails because they are detected as being not activated even if they are in fact activated. I obviously cannot start the activation wizard so I tried to uninstall and then re-install the products but validation still fails. 

I did speak to Microsoft Technical Support and to the Activation Team but they were both unable to understand and solve the problem.

I know that Microsoft wants to fight piracy but given that I am using genuine products this is very irritating and time consuming.

I really want to be able to download and install critical security updates so could you please help?

Thank you.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:59 AM

Answers

• I have solved the problem so no reply is needed. (I have deleted the data.dat file and re-activated the products. Once activation was completed I went to the Office Updates website where I was able to download and install the updates)
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:18 PM
  • DVD,

AWESOME!!! Please come back to the forum should you need other assistance. Also please look @ other threads because your question may have already been addressed :-).  Take care and hope your week finishes well.

Stephen Holm MS

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:52 PM

All replies

• I have solved the problem so no reply is needed. (I have deleted the data.dat file and re-activated the products. Once activation was completed I went to the Office Updates website where I was able to download and install the updates)
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 2:18 PM
  • DVD,

AWESOME!!! Please come back to the forum should you need other assistance. Also please look @ other threads because your question may have already been addressed :-).  Take care and hope your week finishes well.

Stephen Holm MS

Thursday, March 15, 2007 5:52 PM