Email Router and queues RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My scenario is that I have a number of users who are using the MSCRM for Outlook Client so they can send emails using exchange to any address and track the email in the CRM.  However, we recently wanted to send a mailshot to a selected number of customers from a new email address lets call it sales.uk@mycompany.com.  I created a workflow for this in the CRM but when it tried to configure the From email address it did not recognise the email address sales.uk@mycompany.com I should say i created the workflow directly in the MSCRM web client not through Outlook.  So what i did was add sales.uk@mycompany.com as a queue in the CRM and configured the its outgoing email settings using the email router.

Now the sales.uk@mycompany.com queue contains lots of emails.  I think this is because if the MSCRM for Outlook users track a sent or received email from sales.uk@mycompany.com it resolves to the queue.

So my questions are:

1. Am i correct in setting up the queue to allow the MSCRM to send emails from sales.uk@mycompany.com the way I have?
    2. Is that the expected behaviour is a user tracks a sent or received email with sales.uk@mycompany.com that teh CRM will resolve it to the queue?

I am using MSCRM 4.0 On-Premise with IFD enabled.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Friday, February 18, 2011 9:45 AM

Answers

• Ad 1 - yes, this is correct. Another option is to add it as a user, but it will require a licence.

Ad 2 - if you do not want to resolve the incomming emails, then go to queue settings and turn of using email router for incomming emails. 

Friday, February 18, 2011 12:33 PM