Installing CRM Dynamics Big road block!! RRS feed

• Question

• Someone please help, I cant seem to get CRM Dynamics to download the requested updates and even when i search microsoft download sites i get a few downloads but none work. download request {Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime} and {SQL reporting services} what am i missing.  are there additional programs i require.
    Tuesday, June 1, 2010 12:44 PM

Answers

• I resolved all the issues by re-installing my server which i found was corrupt.

I will be installing the crm program soon. i have since installed SQL server and the manager with all reporting services and resolved connection issues.

CRM setup now can download all related files.

Thank you for your help. i am replying late as i got so caught up with all our servers, just revising, re-installing, upgrading and migrating. now i have other issues lol. thou ill work them out or ill just post another question, which i am sure that will be soon as CRM still needs to be setup properly.

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:34 PM

All replies

• what error message are you receiving.  You can try and right-click the installation exe and select Run as Administrator to see if that is the isssue.  Also ensure you have the latest CRM application download.  It could be that your package is corrupted in some way.  It is difficult to pin point the solution without more information about what exactly you are experiencing.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:05 PM
  • if PC your are trying to install have standard internet connection then CRM install willl automatically down load and install it..

Otherwise you can manually download these components and install it from following links..

C++ Runtime Library

https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/cscrmblog/comments/3384.aspx

.Net Frameworkf 3.0

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=10cc340b-f857-4a14-83f5-25634c3bf043&displaylang=en

Tuesday, June 1, 2010 1:17 PM
    Answerer
  • I resolved all the issues by re-installing my server which i found was corrupt.

I will be installing the crm program soon. i have since installed SQL server and the manager with all reporting services and resolved connection issues.

CRM setup now can download all related files.

Thank you for your help. i am replying late as i got so caught up with all our servers, just revising, re-installing, upgrading and migrating. now i have other issues lol. thou ill work them out or ill just post another question, which i am sure that will be soon as CRM still needs to be setup properly.

Monday, August 16, 2010 3:34 PM
  • I have installed crm on my server, the only way i can access this is by the IP address and port number, is that normal?

How do i get the application onto my client machines?

note: seing as this is in the same AD all users are linked and roles attached. {do i load exchange server, or the exchange facility to get their emails running or can i use their current settings as our emails are managed by an external service provider.}

Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:35 AM