none
Windows Live Writer will not work with Wordpress after upgrade from WL Spaces

Question

• I seem to be having a similar problem using WL Writer 2011.  I have not setup an account in WL Writer before and I am not able to get to the menu options without first settting up an existing blog.  I am getting a slightly dif. error message:

A problem occurred while detecting blog settings

Unable to cast COM oject of type 'mshtml.htmlmetaelementclass' to interface type 'mshtml.ihtmlelement'.  This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '(bunch of letters and numbers)' failed due to the following error; No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I already had a wordpress blog and chose the option to combine my WL Spaces with my existing Wordpress blog....now this :(  Any suggestions?

Brian Murphy
    Friday, October 1, 2010 12:12 AM

All replies

• This is an OLD forum for Windows Live Writer; Microsoft will be shutting it down soon [to be read only]... But...

There's a NEW forum, with more activity and more Microsoft techs working it. If you have questions/suggestions for Windows Live Writer, I suggest you go there and submit your inquiry there...

Here's the URL:
          http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=9
    Monday, October 4, 2010 7:17 PM