Profile not loading correctly since October 27th forums update RRS feed

• Question

• The majority of the times that I visit my profile, it does not load correctly.  Even after refreshing multiple times, it does not load correctly.  To have it load, I have to do a full refresh (Ctrl + F5).  This did not happen prior to the latest forums update.  An example of what it looks like is below:

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    Client System Administration tool
    AD User Creation tool
    Sunday, October 30, 2011 7:03 PM

Answers

• Our operations team has made a change with the SSL certificate, can you let us know if this is still occurring today?
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:13 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:48 PM

All replies

• It looks like the static resources that are hosted on the s-msft.com domain are not getting loaded. Are you running any security or ad-blocking software that could be blocking these requests? Also, if you could indicate what browser/platform you are seeing this on it may help us identify something.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 12:34 AM
  • Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Service Pack 1
    Microsoft Security Essentials
    Windows Defender
    Mozilla Firefox 8.0

I do use AdBlock+, but Microsoft websites are white-listed.  I just refreshed the profile page, got the erroneous page and checked AdBlock+ blocked items, but it said there were none. 

Clarification: The erroneous profile loads intermittently/randomly.  A full refresh tends to have better results than just hitting F5.

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool

• Edited by Rich Prescott Monday, October 31, 2011 12:54 AM clarification
    Monday, October 31, 2011 12:41 AM
  • I got the same problem right now using Google Chrome.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, October 31, 2011 2:37 AM
  • seen it too on 2 systems with win7 / ie9
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:36 AM
    Answerer
  • I've experience similar a few times, but assumed it was related to my wireless network slowing things, or heavy network traffic. I'm use IE9 and Windows 7. I do better if I get closer to the wireless signal.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Monday, October 31, 2011 3:33 PM
  • Can you include a screen capture that also includes your address bar? I want to verify that there is not an SSL issue as you should only be browsing the sites via HTTP. We only use HTTPS for authenticating with Windows Live but you could be stuck in a state where for some reason you are still using the HTTPS connection.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:24 PM
  • Can you include a screen capture that also includes your address bar? I want to verify that there is not an SSL issue as you should only be browsing the sites via HTTP. We only use HTTPS for authenticating with Windows Live but you could be stuck in a state where for some reason you are still using the HTTPS connection.

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool
    Monday, October 31, 2011 8:45 PM
  • BTW, I didn't get this problem today at all.
    For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog
    Monday, October 31, 2011 9:27 PM
  • It has been better today, but I have still seen it a few times.

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool
    Monday, October 31, 2011 9:28 PM
  • I've been trying to reproduce it off and on today and so far all I've seen are some SSL errors when signing in using FireFox 8. One of our testers was able to reproduce it but as soon as the page was reloaded it worked just fine. And we did not know why it didn't load the stylesheet.
    Monday, October 31, 2011 9:33 PM
  • When you are seeing the issue, do you know if you are signed in or have just signed in?
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:21 AM
  • When you are seeing the issue, do you know if you are signed in or have just signed in?
    I typically stay logged in all day.

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:26 AM
  • Our operations team has made a change with the SSL certificate, can you let us know if this is still occurring today?
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Thursday, November 3, 2011 7:13 PM
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:48 PM
  • I have not seen the issue yet today.  I'll set the page to refresh every 5 seconds and see if it occurs again.

Engineering Efficiency
    @Rich_Prescott
    AD User Creation tool
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 5:07 PM