CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions install Error: Reports will not be published for some organizations... RRS feed

• Question

• Trying to install Reporting Extensions with CRM 2011 Server using SQL Server 2008r2 with Windows Server 2008 R2.

Receive this error: "Warning: Reports will not be published for some organizations because the Report Server instances used by these organizations differ from the instance selected during Microsoft Dynamics CRM Reporting Extensions Setup."  Upon entering Deployment Manager it reports Reporting is not enabled and One or more server roles are missing from this deployment.  The proper URL for reporting services shows under properties for the organizaton.

A review of the SRSDCsetup log shows:

08:38:59|   Info| CrmAction execution time; CollectAction; 00:00:00.0156000
    08:38:59|   Info| CrmAction execution time; CollectAction; 00:00:00.0156001
    08:39:00|Verbose| Retrieving Base Language Id Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=CQcrm_MSCRM;Connection Timeout=60;Integrated Security=SSPI ...
    08:39:00|   Info| Base Language Id of CQcrm_MSCRM: 1033.
    08:39:00|Warning| Instance Name needs to be escaped. Management Exception: Invalid namespace
    08:39:00|   Info| Escaped Instance Name is RS_MSSQLSERVER
    08:39:00|Warning| Could not find a local RS instance corresponding to the reporting url https://servername.domain.local/reportserver for organization CapitalQcrm
    08:39:00|   Info| CrmAction execution time; CollectAction; 00:00:01.2012021
    08:39:00|Warning| Instance Name needs to be escaped. Management Exception: Invalid namespace
    08:39:00|   Info| Escaped Instance Name is RS_MSSQLSERVER
    08:39:00|   Info| CrmAction execution time; CollectAction; 00:00:00.1404002
    08:39:00|   Info| CrmAction execution time; ValidateAction; 00:00:00.0156000
    08:39:00|Verbose| Method entry: Microsoft.Crm.Setup.SrsDataConnector.SrsDataConnectorSetup.RunInternal
    08:39:01|   Info| Setup thread-routine provided to progress wizard
    08:39:01|   Info| ActivatePage(SqlServerPage)
    08:39:01|   Info| Window Left: 548
    08:39:01|   Info| Window Top: 308
    08:39:13|Verbose| Retrieving Base Language Id Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=CQcrm_MSCRM;Connection Timeout=60;Integrated Security=SSPI ...
    08:39:13|   Info| Base Language Id of CQcrm_MSCRM: 1033.
    08:39:13|Warning| Instance Name needs to be escaped. Management Exception: Invalid namespace
    08:39:13|   Info| Escaped Instance Name is RS_MSSQLSERVER
    08:39:13|Warning| Could not find a local RS instance corresponding to the reporting url https://servername.domain.local/reportserver for organization CapitalQcrm
    08:39:13|   Info| ActivatePage(SsrsInstancePage)
    08:39:19|Warning| Instance Name needs to be escaped. Management Exception: Invalid namespace
    08:39:19|   Info| Escaped Instance Name is RS_MSSQLSERVER

There is no option to name the Reporting Server instance.  We have a default install and in the Set up wizard are choosing the server hosting CRM/SQL. Everything is on same box.  SQL Reporting Service account  is member of PrivReporting and PrivUsers.

Tried config file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    -<crmsetup> -<srsdataconnector> <configdbserver/> <autogroupmanagementoff>false</autogroupmanagementoff> </srsdataconnector> </crmsetup>

with autogroup management on and off.  I have seperate service accounts for all functions in CRM and SQL.  CRM website is working and am able to import organization into it.  Just no reports.

Where do I go from here?? 

Looked at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/crm/thread/771fb3a2-c3c1-4435-a6ce-433d65551df6 and have same problem as TechGuy.
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 4:11 PM

Answers

• I uninstalled everything an reinstalled and applied Roll Up 1.   Deploy config showed normal (no "Reporting is not enabled" message).   New CRM ORG created from install did not have reports.

Imported existing CRM 2011 org from Dev Server and reports were installed as they were already present.  It actually has the standard reports twice.  once form my DB and then the ones it loaded.

Appears to be "happy" now.  Only time will tell.

The only difference is that I ran install with Network Services for all but Sandbox and made sure Roll Up 1 was applied prior to import.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:13 PM

All replies

• if you look in deployment manager on the CRM server can you see if you have a report server specified.  Maybe you didn't specify that during the initial setup.
    Jamie Miley
    http://mileyja.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile
    Follow Me on Twitter!
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:08 PM
  • Jamie
    it is specified.  Roll up 1 for Reporting Extensions was just applied and the Reporting not Enabled error went away from the Deployment Config.  Looking in the SRS config I see
    <InstanceId>MSRS10_50.MSSQLSERVER</InstanceId> .
    Should add an INstance to the Install Config??

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 6:26 PM
  • I uninstalled everything an reinstalled and applied Roll Up 1.   Deploy config showed normal (no "Reporting is not enabled" message).   New CRM ORG created from install did not have reports.

Imported existing CRM 2011 org from Dev Server and reports were installed as they were already present.  It actually has the standard reports twice.  once form my DB and then the ones it loaded.

Appears to be "happy" now.  Only time will tell.

The only difference is that I ran install with Network Services for all but Sandbox and made sure Roll Up 1 was applied prior to import.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:13 PM
  • Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:47 PM