Billing errors RRS feed

• Question

•  

I was alerted last week that my OneCare was about to expire and that if I continued without lapse, I would continue to get billed at the $19.99 special rate that I had at the beginning.  Now I look at the billing and I have been billed the $49.95 retail price.  What is going on here?  How do I contact someone in billing to fix this.  Any help is appreciated.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 10:37 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, there is *no* special discount for renewal, nor has there ever been. (Which I also believe is short-sighted by the Marketing side of OneCare...) The $19.99 (US) offer was made to beta testers for *new* subscriptions and never renewals.

If you believe I am incorrect, please contact support for Billing:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:27 PM

All replies

• As far as I know, there is *no* special discount for renewal, nor has there ever been. (Which I also believe is short-sighted by the Marketing side of OneCare...) The $19.99 (US) offer was made to beta testers for *new* subscriptions and never renewals.

If you believe I am incorrect, please contact support for Billing:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, February 14, 2008 1:27 PM
  • You think that's bad. I paid for a new Windows Live OneCare disk because my subscription was going to end this month (maybe the 8th). I didn't know what to do- because when I put in the new disk, I didn't need to. I called support, and was walked through the process of using the Product Key from the new CD. When in my account, one can see the new Product Key. I told the support person that I didn't want Windows Live OneCare to renew automatically with my credit card. Next time it was going to expire- I wanted to be able to purchase a CD again. OneCare was renewed, and then maybe 4 days later my status went to red and with the message to renew! In the bottom left of the same Windows Live OneCare window- it says, "Subscription Status: Your subscription ends 2/09/09.

You wouln't want to know how many support people (and most if not all were from outside the US, sometimes with accents hard- if not impossible to understand) I talked to- and yet not one person has fixed the simple solution. I would guess I've spent over 2 hrs. on the phone, with a number of emails. I emailed back the person who may be responsible for this (the person I asked to have it not renew with my CREDIT CARD), and got no response.

Why is it that I paid for a US product, and am talking to people in other countries for support? Common sense would tell me it would be better to have a US person who I could better understand.

I have been very angry and very disappointed with this customer service. I talke to billing or technical support, and all they can tell me is that they can't fix the problem, and it has be escalated to headquarters of something.

I was told 5 to 7 business days for the headquarters to contact me. I've still not heard from them.

Friday, February 15, 2008 12:14 AM
  •  Snowboarder365 wrote:

I have been very angry and very disappointed with this customer service. I talke to billing or technical support, and all they can tell me is that they can't fix the problem, and it has be escalated to headquarters of something.

I was told 5 to 7 business days for the headquarters to contact me. I've still not heard from them.

As I replied to the thread that includes all of your other posts merged into one, please provide your case ID and I'll escalate it for investigation.

-steve

Friday, February 15, 2008 2:51 AM