Current SmartPhone Solution for Importing and Exporting to MS Money Plus Sunset? RRS feed

• General discussion

• I am currently researching an app for both Android and iOS that can at the very least allow me to enter transactions for multiple accounts and export them to a QIF that I can then import into MS Money Plus Sunset.  It would also be nice if the app allowed to import account transactions from Money and display current balances for each account.  Has anybody found such an app for either of those smartphone OS's?

If not, then I was thinking I could try to write one.  Would anybody be interested in such an app?  Would anybody consider paying for such an app?  What features would you all require?  What features would you otherwise like to see?

Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:35 AM

All replies

• Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:02 AM
  • See if http://www.ultrasoft.com/Money/WindowsMobile/ would work for you.

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately, Ultrasoft Money only supports Windows Mobile, which is a dated and obsolete platform for current smartphones.  From what I understand, Windows Mobile has been superseded by Windows Phone, which is not backwards compatible with Windows Mobile devices and apps.

I currently have an Android device, and my wife has an iPhone.  We both use MS Money Plus Sunset to track our finances on our respective PCs.  I think our best bet would be a cross-platform app that supports both our modern devices and will import and export loose QIF files that Money can accept.  I saw a couple of apps that might work for this purpose, but one is overly simple in that it only works with a singular cash account (Cash2QIF), and the other is costly and appears to be more complex than I need (PocketMoney).

I've tried Cash2QIF and it doesn't do what I need, so next I will try PocketMoney.  If that doesn't work out, I may try to write my own app for both Android and iOS.  I was curious how much interest there is out there for an app that works well with Money Plus Sunset.

Sunday, June 3, 2012 1:03 PM
  • I am also looking for compatible software that can sync with Microsoft Money Sun Set and Android. I have used SPB Money on my windows mobile before to sync with Microsoft Money. But SPB Money does not support Android. If somebody can develop such a software that will be great.

Other options I am looking is that, if we can run a windows mobile software on an Android device then we can use SPB for this purpose. But still I could not find such a solusion.

Monday, July 21, 2014 2:27 AM
  • I would definitely be interested in an iPhone app. I previously used ultrasoft's product and found it very useful.

Friday, July 25, 2014 4:32 AM
  • Having had a look at Pocketmoney, this seems to do exactly what you are proposing - i.e. it can import and export qif from MS Money?

Having to import and export is better than nothing, but it is fairly cumbersome.

A more useful app would be one that could connect to and write direct to the MSMoney file (perhaps in Dropbox). Ultrasoft money was able to write directly (albeit locally) so this should be possible.

Sunday, July 27, 2014 4:19 AM
  • Chris, I would be interested in an Android App - rssatl Gmail
    Tuesday, January 29, 2019 12:17 AM