Online Photo Backup RRS feed

• Question

• can i activate the Online Photo backup for all pc's in my OneCare Circle from the hub pc or do i have to go to each computer physically and change the settings for each computer?

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:15 AM

Answers

• I am not sure if I understand your question, are you saying that you want a one click button to push the onecare settings to all PCs in circle or are you asking for the ability to change the online backup plan for a specific machine from hub PC

For the former there is no way to push the settings to all machine.

For the latter you can hit the change settings button and then enable Online backup for any specific machine by clicking on the machine name and enabling the check box for turn online backup.

Hope this helps

Murtuza S N

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:45 PM

All replies

• I am not sure if I understand your question, are you saying that you want a one click button to push the onecare settings to all PCs in circle or are you asking for the ability to change the online backup plan for a specific machine from hub PC

For the former there is no way to push the settings to all machine.

For the latter you can hit the change settings button and then enable Online backup for any specific machine by clicking on the machine name and enabling the check box for turn online backup.

Hope this helps

Murtuza S N

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 12:45 PM
  • I am not sure if I understand your answer (:

I will attempt to clarify:

I have two computers in my OneCare Circle.  One is the hub.  Using the hub pc, can I activate the Online Photo Backup and start backing up the photos for the other computer?  OR - Do I have to actually go to the other pc, open OneCare, and make the changes.

Thanks for your response, sorry if my question wasn't clear.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 7:14 PM
  • You can turn on photo backup (or turn it off) from the Hub PC for all PCs in your Circle or you can do it from each PC. Open OneCare, change settings, Backup, change settings. On the Hub PC, you will see all of the PCs in your Circle and clicking on each PC in turn in the left hand bar allows you to check or uncheck the photo backup option for that PC.

-steve

Friday, October 31, 2008 4:40 PM