Add an existing folder RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

All of the "existing" folders that I add on my phone get thrown onto the root of my Mesh. I want to have Phone Files / <Add an existing folder from my phone>

How can I get the phone to add folders to my Mesh, and not just put them in the root of the Mesh?

Thanks
    Friday, October 31, 2008 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi asty1,

At the moment, all Mesh Folders are peers of each other so far as the mesh is concerned. There is no heirarchy that can be created to group Mesh Folders based on what device they are synchronized to - also partly because it may be synchronized to multiple devices, not all of which may be mobile phones.

You do bring up an interesting feature idea though, and we'll definately track this. Keep the feedback coming. Every bit helps us build a better experience.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:22 PM

All replies

• Hi asty1,

At the moment, all Mesh Folders are peers of each other so far as the mesh is concerned. There is no heirarchy that can be created to group Mesh Folders based on what device they are synchronized to - also partly because it may be synchronized to multiple devices, not all of which may be mobile phones.

You do bring up an interesting feature idea though, and we'll definately track this. Keep the feedback coming. Every bit helps us build a better experience.

Thanks,
    Archis
    A Jedi in the making!
    Friday, October 31, 2008 5:22 PM
  • It's like this...

When I synchronize My Documents from my storage card, it gets dumped onto my Mesh as "My Documents". I can't change that.

When I synchronize My Documents from my device's memory...same thing.

When I synchronize My Documents from my PC, .....

I have three different My Documents folders. How do I organize my files in a reasonable manner on my Mesh, based on what is currently possible in the Mobile client and on mesh.com?
    Saturday, November 1, 2008 5:18 PM
  • hey asty1,

Rename of live folder from live desktop (at www.mesh.com) will be fixed soon and that should solve the issue.  Thanks for your feedback.

gopi
    Monday, November 3, 2008 4:53 AM