code 0xC004F050 RRS feed

• Question

• My computer updated itself a few days ago and when I turned it back on before it got to the user account screen a message window came up saying "an unorthorized change has been made to windows" it also asks for the product key to be entered. When I enter the key off of the back of my laptop it tells me "the product key entered is not valid code 0xC004F050" I am then led to the user account screen but when user account is selected the first message comes up again.

I have tried as is suggest in the forrums to use windows key & R to bring up the sart menue but it does nothing.

I also checked the key validity on microsoft website but it also tells me this key is invalid, but it is the key I used 22 months (approx) ago to set up the computer when I bought it and it was valid then, I bought this laptop new from Australia's most reputable computer retailer.

Please help I am not getting answers from anyone and I need the information on this computer urgently, there is also thousands of $$$$$$ of softwear on it that would be very costly to replace.

Update: I called Microsoft Tech support & Toshiba, I was told to re-install Windows Vista using installation disk!!!!! I did this and now only have a black screen with a cursor flashing in the top left corner, Was told to do a systems recovery and still only have a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left of screen.

Has my PC now been totaly ruined??????????????????
    Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:39 AM

Answers

• Hello Skippy1370,

I can't be sure, but if your computer isn't booting (you don't see the Windows Loading screen), that sounds like a hardware problem.  Possibly the Motherboard or Hard Drive has given out. In which case, I can only direct you to the computer's Manufacturer for assistance.

If you do see the Windows Loading screen but then just a black screen, then it's probably not a hardware problem and I recommend creating a (no cost) support request at http://support.microsoft.com/gp/contactwga

Thank you,
    Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 15, 2010 10:47 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2010 10:47 PM