none
Best Case? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to build my own WHS but I cannot find a good case for it. I am looking for a case similar in size to the HP Media Smart Server. I also want the case to have externally accessible drive slots.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:45 AM

All replies

•  Josh Mackey wrote:
    I want to build my own WHS but I cannot find a good case for it. I am looking for a case similar in size to the HP Media Smart Server. I also want the case to have externally accessible drive slots.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

Chenbro ES34069

Sunday, March 16, 2008 4:25 PM
  • This looks like an awsome case.  Where does the PSU go?  Does it come with one or do you have to purchase it seperately?

Does anyone have this case, I would love to see a picture of a buildout with it, just to see how everything fits.  How big of a CPU cooler can you fit into the case?
    Sunday, March 16, 2008 5:32 PM
  • Roger, if you will read the manual (available from the site linked above) I think you'll find an answer for your question.
    Monday, March 17, 2008 12:40 AM
  •  Roger Huston wrote:
    This looks like an awsome case.  Where does the PSU go?  Does it come with one or do you have to purchase it seperately?

Does anyone have this case, I would love to see a picture of a buildout with it, just to see how everything fits.  How big of a CPU cooler can you fit into the case?

Hi Roger,

I believe Terry (MVP Mod, wegotserved.co.uk maintainer) is going to post a review of the case soon (tm).
    Monday, March 17, 2008 7:50 AM
  • Any case with decent airflow and then add this

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=backplane&bop=And&Order=PRICE

for front drive rails.

Monday, March 17, 2008 2:39 PM
  • http://www.crystalfontz.com/forum/showthread.php?p=24453#post24453 is what I set up.  Might give you a few ideas.  The case and cage I both got at Newegg.  A real cheap case, but great quality.

Monday, March 17, 2008 11:32 PM