none
Time to get rid of "time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “ Question ” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button .." RRS feed

• Question

• The phrase "time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “ Question ” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button .." appears in entries of a search result for which the discussion of that topic has gone unresolved.

This replaces the much more useful snippet of thread conversation which otherwise appears there.

I know that this is a nagging reminder to those who originated the thread that it has gone dead but there must be a better place for it.  As a searcher who comes across this it is totally useless to me.  It trades off valuable screen real estate which would be better used to display something about the content of the posting.
    • Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Friday, December 5, 2008 7:19 AM Use question so a thread can be marked as answered!
    Thursday, December 4, 2008 9:27 PM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you are speaking about. Can you provide me an example?
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Friday, December 5, 2008 6:07 AM
  • Hi Matt:

Here is an example:

1. Go to the forum Visual C# IDE
    2. Enter "radio button" in the forum search field and do a search.
    3. The fourth entry returned is as follows:
    MSDN Visual C# IDE Problem .net framework 3.5
    ... time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button ...
    http://forums.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/csharpide/thread/7474526b-2636-463e-9167-9dddcba0965b
    Related To:
    Forums

Note the 2nd line "...time to look at...blah blah blah...".

Thanks,

cats

Friday, December 5, 2008 4:08 PM
  • I see what you are saying now. In this particular case, the text you are seeing is the last post in that thread. The page that crawlers see has the newest information first, and so that is what is showing in the page summary.

Matt
    Matt Fraser, STO Forums Software Developer
    Monday, December 8, 2008 10:21 PM