MS Money Home & Business RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I've been using MS Money Home and Business for Cashbook Accounting for a NFP Animal Rescue Group for sweveral years and it has worked really well for us.

I have now started running a small home based business and am hoping that I can use MS Money for that as well.

I have set up both an Accounts Receivable account and a Banking Register and wish to allocate payments for invoices in the register but have found that although I have set the register as "advanced" the "Common Deposits" button is grayed out so it won't let me use this option to record the payments.

If anyone is able to throw me a lifeline and suggest what I can try, it would be very much appreciated !

Regards

Paul

Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:29 PM

All replies

• I don't use Business, but I suspect this may be due to the account being personal rather than business. In the AccountList,  on the left do you have  "Organize business accounts and categories"? If so, you may be able to designate that account for business there.

Otherwise, maybe something in the account settings would let you change that.

Maybe entering "change an account from personal to business" in the Help search box would turn something up.

Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:31 PM
  • In the Account List page you'll see an option on the left panel "Organize business accounts and categories".  Make sure, as Cal says, that your Accounts Rcvble shows up as Current Assets.  If not set up a new one on this page - you can even rename it here to include the Biz name.   It doesn't sound like you have it set up as a Business account. 

As soon as you prepare an invoice, the amount then shows up in Accounts Rcvble until the bill has been paid.  When the customer pays, bring up the invoice and click on the option "Receive payment for invoice".

Don't know that you can keep track of two true "businesses" on the same PC though.  You might be better installing the Sunset H&B version on another PC for your Animal Rescue unless you never really generated invoices for the Rescue and really did just keep track of income and expenses.

• Proposed as answer by ameridan Monday, May 13, 2013 4:16 PM
    • Edited by ameridan Monday, May 13, 2013 5:03 PM
    Monday, May 13, 2013 4:15 PM