none
Mappoint SDK ExportGPS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, this has been bugging me for 2 days now: 

according to Microsoft, exporting a map from MapPoint to a .gpx file should save Routes(An ordered list of points, including directions to reach each destination)

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg649883.aspx

However, either when exporting through the main application or by calling ExportGPX(), the output file does not contain any information except the Waypoints. I assumed this was a trial limitation, so we have purchased and activated the product, but the problem persists. 

We have tried adding the xxx(lat and long)information manually to the .gpx file, obtained through ActiveRoute.Directions.get_Item(i).Location.Latitude. When importing the file, the only addition are lines connecting the track segments directly(disregarding roads). 

Any ideas or suggestion would be more than welcome.

Thank you.

Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:08 PM

All replies

• First, just to confirm what you have already discovered:  there is no difference in functional capabilities between the trial and the purchased-and-activated versions.  The only difference is how long you can use them; 60 days for trial, unlimited in purchased.

I do not follow what you are doing in the balance of your post, such as "calling ExportGPX()".  When MapPoint exports to a GPX file, it is exporting the lat/long data for the Stops (waypoints).  When you import a GPX file, it only loads the Stops and Pushpins.  It is a simple matter to then compute a route from those stops in the usual manner.

Why and how did you "add the xxx(lat and long) information to the .gpx file" when it is already there?  

A good way to check the contents of a GPX file is to open in it Excel if you do not have more specialized applications for that purpose. 

• Edited by Philip K1 Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:20 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 3:19 PM