Reply to removing Office trial..... RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks.

I have removed all the existing office files using the tool.

Do I have to re-install windows Xp... the whole thing or can I just install Office. I have browsed the CD but cant seem to install Office

thank you

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 1:42 AM

Answers

• Paulj74,

Please review the following Knowledge Base (KB) article, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/326246, “How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and product upgrades, or replace product manuals.

If your XP Pro CD was a system builder/OEM CD, request a replacement from your system builder.  If they cannot help, order a replacement from Microsoft:

Lori MS
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:21 PM
  • Hey Paul,

Did the tool Lori provide remove the TRIAL software and your not experiencing any more problems? You do not have to re-install Windows XP just because you removed a TRIAL version of a software. The only way this would be required is if you had pre-exisiting issues with the computer. 

Have you purchased Microsoft Office as yet? It appears your TRIAL version has expired and now if you desire to use the product you will have to purchase Microsoft Office. 

Hope this has explained more information. 

Take care Paul :-)

Stephen Holm

Forum Volunteer

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:45 AM

All replies

• Paulj74,

Below is a website that provides information on Office Trial Help and Support for Office 2003

http://www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial/faq.mspx#E2G

I hope this helps,

Lori MS

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 6:20 PM

• I have removed all existing versions of office like you said. How do I install Office now?

Do I have to re-install windows again from scratch?   Will I loose all personal data without backup

thank you

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:23 PM
  • Paulj74,

Please review the following Knowledge Base (KB) article, http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/326246, “How to replace Microsoft software or hardware, order service packs and product upgrades, or replace product manuals.

If your XP Pro CD was a system builder/OEM CD, request a replacement from your system builder.  If they cannot help, order a replacement from Microsoft:

Lori MS
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:21 PM
  • Hey Paul,

Did the tool Lori provide remove the TRIAL software and your not experiencing any more problems? You do not have to re-install Windows XP just because you removed a TRIAL version of a software. The only way this would be required is if you had pre-exisiting issues with the computer. 

Have you purchased Microsoft Office as yet? It appears your TRIAL version has expired and now if you desire to use the product you will have to purchase Microsoft Office. 

Hope this has explained more information. 

Take care Paul :-)

Stephen Holm

Forum Volunteer

Thursday, June 19, 2008 8:45 AM

• thanks.

No the tool removed both the trial version and all microsoft office full products as desired. What I need to do now is install Microsoft office again without the trial version hopefully to verify it.

I have my windows XP disk, How do I just re-install office without having to re-install Whole XP again?? Cant seem to locate just the office installer from the disk.

sounds simple
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 1:05 PM

• Any takers?

Friday, July 11, 2008 11:45 AM
  • Microsoft Office is a separate product and is not included with Windows XP.  You'll need to find your original Microsoft Office CD in order to reinstall Microsoft Office.

Friday, July 11, 2008 1:39 PM

• I think ive been shafted. my product key still doesnt work
    Wednesday, July 16, 2008 1:39 PM
  • Paulj,

First I must indicate I closed your case (marked the thread as answered) because I received a real late response from you. Paul the problem which you are experiencing is not a Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) support item. Actually this falls under Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) and this thread should have been started under the OGA Forum Support. Also Carey indicated you would need to physically re-install Microsoft Office from the disc which originally purchased. It appears you may not understand how to install Office. Is this true? Should you need assistance please post here: 

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?d=1  or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.misc&lang=en&cr=US . You may use the search feature within this forum. Example type Installing Office in the search line and see if anyone has posted and/or received guidance as how you can install office. Please visit How To Install and Activate 2007 Office System Programs located here:  http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101733401033.aspx .  Please visit How to install, activate, and register Microsoft Office 2003 programs http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101733471033.aspx for help with installing Office 2003.

Currently there are several unknowns which I need to address so either I may offer you with a fix action or re-direct where you may be provided with a resolution. Make sense? 

Please provide me the history regarding the version of Microsoft Office 2003 currently installed on your machine:  

Business location where you purchased Microsoft Office 

-          Where did you purchase the Microsoft Office 2003 Professional software which is currently installed on your system? 

-- Do you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker which contains a 25 digit product key?

Please provide me with the LAST 15 digits of the product key.  This will let me analyze the validity of the product key which was sold to you. 

-- Business Address where purchased

-- Phone number where purchased

-- Point of Contact @ the Business (if you had any)

-- If purchased on the internet please provide the website

-- What alias was the individual using online?

-   Did you purchase the computer brand new, used, @ an auction, off the internet or how?

-- If so please provide me with all the details of the auction site and/or internet store as I requested above. 

Additional Details 

-          Is the computer a commercially built or was the system custom built by a local shop?

-          Do you have all the original packaged software which was originally installed on the computer @ the time of purchase?

-          Last has the computer ever been turned in for repairs? If so please provide detailed information such as: repair facility name, location, webpage, and facility phone number and a point of contact there.  

Thank you Paul.

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Paul,

Follow the links/guidance I provided you within my last post as how to properly install Microsoft Office Suite Programs. Next I need you to run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and paste the actual results back in this thread. Please follow the sticky article I previously wrote located here:  http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2170194&SiteID=25 . 

Also please provide me with details I requested in my last post. All information will be used to analyze what you are EXPERIENCING so we may provide you with a final resolution.

Thank you,

Stephen Holm, MS

WGA Forum Manager

Wednesday, July 16, 2008 6:38 PM