none
I've a problem installing Windows 7 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I've downloaded Windows 7 RC trial and now i want to install it. So that's what i did:
    1. I run the Windows 7 install CD;
    2. Try to upgrade, but it says "current operative system language is different to the Windows 7 RC language". My current OS, xp SP3, is in italian language and the installation disk i've downloaded is in english;
    3. I select "Custom" install and the computer restarts;
    4. The installation screen pops-up and i select the English language and click ok;
    5. The installation ends and the pc restarts again.
    6. Again, the installation screen says "Completing installation" then restarts (again).
    7. Next the Windows loading screen with the logo ect and a text saying "Setup is updating registry".
    After this i see a lot of pixel with different colors, like a driver problem. Maybe it's the Video-Card: ATI Radeon x1650, 256 MB
    Right now i've installed it and waiting for setup final installation step that requires to start Windows 7 for the first time. But i can't start it because of this error! What can i do? I can't install the Windows 7 ATI Catalyst drivers because the system can't start. So what i've to do, re-installing Windows XP SP3, downloading and installing the drivers then re-installing Windows 7 RC???

I'm sorry for my bad english grammar, but i think you understood what is my problem...
    Thanks,
    SimonK
    • Moved by Kevin Woley Friday, June 26, 2009 4:43 PM to find the right forum (From:Windows Events)
    Thursday, June 25, 2009 4:01 PM

Answers

All replies