Confirming OneCare backup RRS feed

• Question

• I'm backing up two PCs to an external 1.5TB HD connected via USB to my primary PC (which also serves as the OneCare hub PC). Using Windows Explorer to review the folders on the external drive I see a folder marked "Windows OneCare Backup". When I open the folder I see two sub-folders, one for each of my two PCs. However, when I look at the properties for the Backup folder, it says the folder has "0 bytes" of information/data. Yet when I look in the OneCare status, it says "1681 files were copied to the centralized backup drive".

Are the backup files not visible via a 'folder properties' view for some reason? Or did my backup not run correctly, despite the OneCare Backup report?

Thanks for any guidance.
    Michael
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 9:03 PM

Answers

• Your One Care backup did run correctly. The properties of the backup folder always show 0 bytes. If you drill down the folder stucture you will find your backups in zip format. Vista backup has the same charming quality. I'm sure there is a reason for the 0 byte folders but I don't know what it is.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    • Marked as answer by MW Bronsdon Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:54 PM
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:23 PM

All replies

• Your One Care backup did run correctly. The properties of the backup folder always show 0 bytes. If you drill down the folder stucture you will find your backups in zip format. Vista backup has the same charming quality. I'm sure there is a reason for the 0 byte folders but I don't know what it is.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    • Marked as answer by MW Bronsdon Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:54 PM
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:23 PM
  • Many thanks, Jim. I think this would be a good one to add to the FAQ or Help Files. I reviewed both before posting, and unless I missed it, this information isn't there.

Michael
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:56 PM