Blank Screen RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to install WHS and after it i guess it was done installing itself it gets to the load screen with the bars and then after that the screen goes blank, as in nothing is going on.  Any ideas or suggestions?  Could be a stupid question.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:45 AM

All replies

• Only thing I can suggest is to re-burn the dvd.iso file and reinstall.

I had issues where it would make it through the first installation boot and then after that it would just hang up after the bios post. I made sure I wasn't running in applications and slowed down the burn for the second time and reinstalled. All works fine now.

Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:57 AM
  • yeah tried that and same thing happened.  Any other suggestions?
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 4:39 AM
  • Ok I have tried reinstalling WHS and it still gets stuck in the same place.   I am at the point where the getting started guide tells you to log in for the first time.  But the problem is that after the load screen that says windows server with the progress bar at the bottom the screen goes blank.  I am not sure what to do.  I have tried reinstalling multiple times.  It gets stuck at that same point.  Any suggestions?

Saturday, March 17, 2007 5:58 AM
  • I would try another video card. It could be that Windows isn't initializing the graphics drivers properly.
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 6:21 AM
  • I'm having the exact same problem.  It's a little bit of a bummer for 2 reasons.  One reason is that it shows all the setup displays with no problem all the way up until the reboot into 2003 server then blank (why can't it continue to show here? It seems like it should).  The second reason is because this thing is supposed to be headless so I think I should be able to save money on this particular part of the machine and I SHOULD be able to use a $15 used PCI 16MB VGA card since it's only for the install task.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 6:43 AM
  • I used a PCI Express video card and I was able to get past this problem.

Sunday, September 23, 2007 7:09 AM