Emailing vCards with CRM RRS feed

• Question

•  

I needed to send my vCard to Contacts within CRM.  I didn't really find a solution that was smooth or didn't require cutting and pasting.  I wanted to alert current contacts that I will be assisting them and thus, send them my vCard.  I seem to only be able to send vCards from Outlook Contacts.  Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Leslie,

I'm not aware of any off-the-shelf products that would allow you to insert a vCard. The only equivalent I'm aware of is EmailSignature and it's only for a signature not vCard (which may or may not work for you).

If you don't mind rolling up your sleeves and do some coding then it's actually not that difficult to implement yourself. You did not mention what version of CRM you are using but the approach would be very similar. What you need to do is to create PreSend callout (plug-in in 4) and attach to the outgoing message a vCard file containing required information. To generate vCard based on CRM information is not too difficult either, this post should get you started (it deals with contacts but can be easily adapted to extract current user's information instead).

Hope this helps,
    George

Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:52 AM