HP Mediasmart/WHS issues RRS feed

• Question

• I have checked previous questions but can't see a solution to this one. I brought my HP mediasmart server with me from the UK to the Philippines

My server does not boot. The health light (the third one from the left) flashes aqua and the disc light bars above do not come on at all. Pressing the power button on the back does not shut the server down, I have to force shutdown. However, I can reach the data on the dics via my laptop wirelessly.

I could not access the server via the WHS icon and tried to reload it but that erased the existing version and the new one will not load as when it gets to the page about backups it says backup is not working and try again. If one cancells it deletes the new version.

So I have the server and WHS unconnectable. The server did not come with a recovery disc and I have no way of getting one as HP do not provide a download and support is otherwise unfathomable. I cannot even get into associated the dedicated website as for some reason my IP address is not being allowed.

Where do I go from here? Help would be greatly appreciated.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:39 AM