lrd file interference with selecting accounts RRS feed

• Question

• When I go to access a different account in MS Money 6, the lrd file often interferes with access to that account and freezes the program. The program close icon does not function, and I have to go to Task Manager to close MS Money.

Isn't the lrd file supposed to disappear when one accesses a different file or tries to close MS Money?

How do I remedy this situation?

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:08 AM

All replies

• I think you are talking about Microsoft Money 2006 rather than Microsoft  Money version 6 from 1998, and what you are calling an account in this case is what I would call a Money file.

Yes, the *.lrd should go away and the new one should be created if you switch to a new Money file, such as you might do with the list of most recently used files at the bottom of the File menu.

See if you can speed up the closing by blocking all inbound and outbound connections on all ports in Windows Firewall for Money. https://microsoftmoneyoffline.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/eliminating-the-online-updatingdelays-and-errors-when-opening-money/ is a write-up of the procedure.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 12:55 PM