none
HPC Calculation Error

Question

• We have setup a single node for 2008 R2 HPC (a pilot program), installed Excel 2010 services, etc.  The diagnostic for the Excel macro test runs from my client without error.

When I try to offload the macro (the demo one with the docs) to the HPC cluster my user gets the following:

HpcSession service does not have a connection to the scheduler yet.  Scheduler service may not be started or is busy.  Retry later.

There is nothing on Google I can get about this error. 

Any insight appreciated.

• Edited by BlakeDuffey Sunday, December 5, 2010 5:04 PM
    Thursday, December 2, 2010 8:20 PM

All replies

• Can no one at Microsoft provide any insight into this error??
    Sunday, December 5, 2010 2:41 PM
  • Can you please post the code from your VBA that connects to the cluster?  If we're looking at the same code, you should make sure that the following line:

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 9.0px 'Courier New'}

'----------------------------------------------------------

Private Const HPC_ClusterScheduler = "LON-DC1"

Matches your cluster's name (the head node's name).  And just to double check, do you have a broker node in your cluster?  This is required if you are going to do any type of Excel offloading in the cluster.

Thanks!

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 7:11 AM
  • I am working on getting that

Would the Excel test run without a broker node?    (right now we have a once node cluster)

It appears to be a WCFBrokerNode

Wednesday, December 8, 2010 2:24 PM
  • I believe the Excel diagnostics just checks to see if Excel is configured properly, it does not actually run any type of work, so the test might pass w/o a broker node.

For your tests, you can configure your node (head-node) to be a broker node and it should work fine.

Check the cluster name settings in your VBA code.

Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:25 AM
  • The head node looks to be a broker node.  The code uses the FQDN (foo.domain.domain.org) - changing this value to 'foo' didn't seem to help.

Still getting the 'HpcSession serivce does not have a connection to the scheduler yet' error

:(

Monday, December 13, 2010 9:04 PM
  • Help?
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:11 PM
  • Hi BlakeDuffy,

I see it's been a while since you were experiencing some trouble with Excel diagnostics...  Are you still having trouble with this?

Thanks,
    --Brian

Sunday, January 2, 2011 10:10 AM