Tasks with multiple resources are not updating properly on Project Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a project with tasks that are assigned to multiple team members. When the team members update the tasks, I can see the updated hours in "Tasks Work" view and the "% work completed" is properly reflected. When I go to the "Task Summary" the "% complete" is not properly updated. Does anybody knows why these task are not properly updating?
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:06 PM

Answers

All replies

• It is very likely that you are misunderstanding the "Duration" calculation that is "% Complete." Because it measures duration it may not appear to be in line with your % Work Complete numbers, but this is very typical. If you provide more details about the task, perhaps we can explain what you're seeing. Also, be sure that you have published the latest changes to the project to make sure that all views are updated in the system.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG
    Monday, August 9, 2010 7:13 PM
  • hi,

To answer your question, there is a difference between Work % and Duration %

please view the below article for reference

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-1031576.html

Regards, Sujit - MSTC
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 8:34 AM
  • Following is the test I performed with a test project plan. The plan has 8 tasks that are assigned to more than one person. Today I am focosing on two tasks. Each task is due today 8/11; each task has two resources. I am one of the resources for task 1 and team member 1 is the other resource. For task 2 i am also a resource and team member 2 is the other resource. Each task is 2 hours, with 1 hour for each resource. For the first task the team member 1 entered his 1hour, for the second task I entered 1 hour. I approved the tasks and published the updates. When I go to resource center in the "Tasks Summary" view I see 0% under "% Complete". When I go to the "Tasks Work" view I see 50% under "% Work Complete". Note that once I entered my time on the first task, the "Tasks Summary" view properly reflected the task as 100% complete. Any suggestions?
    Wednesday, August 11, 2010 4:21 PM
  • More information: If I go to the project center and select my project and click edit to open the file in MS Project 2007, I see the proper information in % Complete. Without making changes I save and publish the project, when I go back to Project Server, the information is properly updated in the % Complete column.
    Thursday, August 12, 2010 6:46 PM