none
Diagnostic Tool Window Blank

Question

•    Hey guys i am having an issue where the window for the Diagnostic tool is completely blank. This happens with all the projects I debug and it gives me an "Internal Diagnostics Internal Hub Excption. See logs for more details". I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with Windows 10, I do not know what version i am using but updating it seems useless as when I try to download 2.3.000.0 it completely freezes and does not let me select "Now now" or "Download".

• Edited by Kfournier94 Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:51 PM Corrected First and Third sentence
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Kfournier94,

Which version of Visual Studio IDE are you using? If it's VS2017, please try to update it to the latest update, via Visual Studio Installer.

If it's VS2015, please refer to this thread where several replies gave some different methods, you may try.

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 12, 2017 5:39 AM
  •  It is Visual Studio Community 2015 with updates 2. I have tried what is suggested in that thread and nothing worked to stop this Internal Diagnostic Hub Exception. Before, I was using it on a Lenovo G50 ( at least i think it was that model number) and it worked fine. Now I am sing a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop and the error showed up after i had re-downloaded Visual Studio Community 2015 with updates. I think i narrowed irt down to throwing an error at me because before, the Diagnostic Tool window, would load and then go blank and thats when the error happened.
    Friday, October 20, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Also, you never gave nay suggestions or any advice on why Visual Studio Community with updates 2015 was freezing when it prompted for an update.
    Friday, October 20, 2017 1:59 PM
  • Dear friend,

Thanks for your asking.

>>Also, you never gave nay suggestions or any advice on why Visual Studio Community with updates 2015 was freezing when it prompted for an update.

Usually, we recommend customer use VS with the latest update, as you know the previous ones had some limitations and MS VS developing team had fixed them in the later update.  VS2015 with the update 3 is the latest one.

To be honest, the same error issue could be caused by different things, as you've read the thread I shared above where the replies are different.

I really appreciate that you provided us with the details of the issue, I still suggest you use VS2015 update 3

"And if that TypeScript support was broken. Please TypeScript for Visual Studio 2015, closing Visual Studio and then opening your project again."

Your understanding will be grateful.

Have a nice day:)

Best regards,

Fletcher

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 2:44 AM
  • I do wanna have the update download but again, it freezes when the prompt comes up, its like something is making it hang and I have no idea what it is.
    Tuesday, May 29, 2018 12:50 PM
  • Make sure your %tmp% directory has proper permissions assigned. Mine often will do this ...

-----------------

Object name: C:\Users\dude\AppData\Local\temp

No permissions have been assigned for this object.

Warning: this is a potential security risk because anyone who can access this object can take ownership of it. The object’s owner should assign permissions as soon as possible.

------------

... when I use File Explorer to look at the Properties, Security, of my temp directory.   All the Permissions list on that Properties panel are blank/empty.

I have to get control of it again (almost always difficult to remember the order of taking it back -- the permissions are all empty/blank and to avoid never-ending msgboxes a particular order of taking it back is needed).

Often, nothing can write/delete to temp when it's like this.  And the hub never works right (and Diagnostics uses that) when it's like this.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 5:14 PM