Want to transfer Office 2007 to my new computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have Office 2007 Standard Upgrade with a key code good for 3 downloads.  I've used 1.  Now i have a new computer with 2010 Ofice Starter loaded.  How can I transfer the 2007 to the new computer?
    Friday, December 31, 2010 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hello kspencerinskeep,

Office Standard 2007 was an edition of Office 2007 that was sold in both the retail channel and thru Volume Licensing.  Retail licenses of Office Standard 2007 as with most other retail licenses for Office, are permitted two simultaneous installations, not three.  (The only exception is when Office Standard 2007 comes in  a "Military Appreciation Edition" sold thru the Armed Services Exchange System--this one is permitted up to three simultaneous installations.)

In order to determine which you have, please follow these instructions:  In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:38 PM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

• Hello kspencerinskeep,

Office Standard 2007 was an edition of Office 2007 that was sold in both the retail channel and thru Volume Licensing.  Retail licenses of Office Standard 2007 as with most other retail licenses for Office, are permitted two simultaneous installations, not three.  (The only exception is when Office Standard 2007 comes in  a "Military Appreciation Edition" sold thru the Armed Services Exchange System--this one is permitted up to three simultaneous installations.)

In order to determine which you have, please follow these instructions:  In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" several times to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

• Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:38 PM
    Saturday, January 1, 2011 2:46 PM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:38 PM