what are steps to install Visual basic 6.0 on windows7 RRS feed

• Question

• this is my first time to install vb6.0

first I click on autorun.exe, I follow steps and after click on Finish button there is a message " Installation not successfull"

what to do?

• Moved by Liliane Teng Friday, September 3, 2010 9:57 AM Please repost on appropriate forum for better support (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:27 AM

All replies

• The best way is to convert your VB6 program to VB10

The second step can be to visit a admin forum.

The Exe's from VB are still supported on Windows 7, but not any more as development tool.

If you want to convert your VB6 program,  then is the tab in top of this forum Visual Basic 6.0 a good choice.

The Admins are in the Technet forums.

Technet.Microsoft.Com/forums

Success
    Cor
    Monday, August 30, 2010 7:36 AM
  • Hello Mabalon,

Thanks for your post.

Cor has given you helpful suggestion. I have moved your thread to Off-Topic forum. Please repost on appropriate forum for better and quicker support.

For Visual Basic 6 questions, please read:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/6a0719fe-14af-47f7-9f51-a8ea2b9c8d6b

Best regards,
    Liliane
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com

Please mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us. Thanks
    Friday, September 3, 2010 9:59 AM