I installed a valid office 2010 product but I can not validate on microsoft site it states I do not have office on computer RRS feed

• Question

• I can not validate my office product on microsoft web site.
    • Changed type Carey FrischMVP Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:30 PM Comment > Question
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 11:41 AM

Answers

• Currently, neither the Online Validation site nor the MGA Diagnostic Report support Office 2010.

I have not been provided an ETA on when these tools will be updated.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:50 PM

All replies

• "CDDATACOMM" wrote in message news:29efeb2c-369b-4b56-8f79-356c7d252ab9...
    I can not validate my office product on microsoft web site.

Office 2010 is supposed to self-validate - you shouldn't need to do anything.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:54 PM
  • Currently, neither the Online Validation site nor the MGA Diagnostic Report support Office 2010.

I have not been provided an ETA on when these tools will be updated.

Darin MS
    Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:50 PM
  • Thank you Darin. That is the right answer.

Shortly after I received my Office 2010 product last summer I tried several times to VALIDATE the product.
    After trying several times it was reported on the OGA site that there was no Office installed on my computer.
    So I telephoned Microsoft for support that comes with the product and was told the exact same thing you just said.
    OGA Validation does not yet support Office 2010 products. But it will. It is just not decided when yet.
    So, keep trying. Eventually it will validate.

Most likely sometime around the time the first Office 2010 service pack becomes available.
    Service packs usually require validation to either download or install.
    Thanks for a valuable second opinion. I feel a lot better.

• Proposed as answer by Laptop Stud Saturday, November 6, 2010 6:16 AM
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 6:12 AM