Remove a PC from my hub RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to remove a pc from my hub it gives me three option. restart one care service/ fix issues preventing one care from working correctly on this and go on line for answers. Neither of the first two work. What might have caused this, I have run malicious and safety scans along with one care programs and they indicate no problems. Has one care stopped working, should I uninstall and reinstall one care as none of the fixes work and if I do will one care have this problem on my pc in the future because of some other problem I'm not addressing that made one care stop working.
    Thank You for your time
    Tom
    Wednesday, April 1, 2009 7:10 PM

Answers

• If OneCare crashes or hangs when you try to remove a PC from your subscription on the hub PC, you may want to make a different PC a hub in your Circle and see if you can remove the PC from that hub. Alternatively, yes, you can reinstall OneCare on the hub, though it would be good to understand why OneCare stops responding when you try to remove a PC from the Circle from within OneCare. For that reason, I suggest contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:32 PM

All replies

• If you remove a computer from your One Care Circle the removed computer will no longer be subscribed. See this KB article on managing computers in a One Care Circle - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943920/

Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:59 AM
  • If OneCare crashes or hangs when you try to remove a PC from your subscription on the hub PC, you may want to make a different PC a hub in your Circle and see if you can remove the PC from that hub. Alternatively, yes, you can reinstall OneCare on the hub, though it would be good to understand why OneCare stops responding when you try to remove a PC from the Circle from within OneCare. For that reason, I suggest contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Thursday, April 2, 2009 12:32 PM
  • Thank you All
    Just after I posted this I went back to one care and clicked on review and then tried to remove the other pc and it worked. Don't ask me what happened.
    But I do have an other Q. and I will check out the site posted.
    Q I have a mini 9 running xp home (all though looking at the spec. it says xp) but it will not run one care. Some times it shows up on my hub and some times not but the window comes up on the screen and the icon in the tray but it won't run any programs it locks the pc. I have taken off all programs possible. Is one care just too large for the mini 9 from dell.
    Thank You for your time
    Tom
    Thursday, April 2, 2009 7:33 PM
  • The mini9 should run OneCare just fine. It may be that there is a conflict with other security software on the mini9. Did it come with security software? If so that would need to be removed, perhaps using the cleanup tool from the vendor:

Norton Removal Tool - ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe

McAfee Removal Tool - http://www.majorgeeks.com/McAfee_Consumer_Product_Removal_Tool_d5420.html

-steve

Friday, April 3, 2009 4:01 PM
  • Thank You Steve for the links. I thought I had removed the other fire wall's but maybe not. I'll try to get to them to night.

Tom
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 3:50 PM