MCSA Server 2012 and MCSE Private Cloud RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon all,

I have currently found myself in a network admin role at my current company, by accident! In my time here I have learned a lot and am finding it very interesting. I have no formal quals but want to change that.

I am looking into going MCSE Private Cloud route via MCSA Server 2012. I may look into other courses too such as ITIL and CCNA as I am sure they can only compliment each other.

Does anyone know of any good, reliable, trustworthy training establishments in the UK that offer MCSA/E courses. I have looked online but am very wary of websites that claim to train you to MCSE level in 10 days! And any other advice or info you want to pass on would be greatly recieved too.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:29 AM

Answers

• Hi!

It sounds like you are on your way to earning the MCSA and MCSE certification titles. Here is a listing of the five Microsoft certification exams you need to pass: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en-us/private-cloud-certification.aspx

To the left of each exam is a Microsoft Course that aligns with the certification skillset. These courses delivered by a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) can be a great first step to passing these exams. As well, there is a huge list of study resources (listed under Resources) you can use in preparing for the exams.

You should prepare for each exam singly so you can focus on the exam's measured skills and pass them. Go to each exam's description web page and print up the list of skills measured.

As well, you may want to purchase a practice exam from Transcender, SeftTest Software, or MeasureUp. These practice exams are consider viable study materials to not only help you prepare for the exams, but also simulate the exam experience when it come times to take a test.

Beware of any advertised training that will make you an MCSE in n days. As well, know that you do not receive any certification by taking courses. You must purchase and pass each of the five exams after class. After passing the fifth exam that earns you the MCSE title, you will need to recertify with Microsoft after three years with a single recertification exam for your specific MCSE title.

Search the web for exam study guides. A study guide is typically a Word document that includes an exam's outline with links to blogs, Microsoft documentation, or articles that help you learn the topics.

You may want to purchase a study book from a book selling site such as Amazon. Take the time to read the reviews from other test takers. Books are not cheap but at least people will offer their honest opinions. Be sure to peruse the American version of Amazon because it will likely contain more book reviews.

Do not use illegal brain dumps, which are memorized or copied Q&As from the real exam. They often have inaccurate, outdate information with wrong answers and are considered cheating. As well, Microsoft is using specially guarded techniques detecting people using brain dumps. Cheaters who are caught are blocked from Microsoft certification for life.

I hope this can help you get started on advancing your career.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:52 PM
    Answerer