Who likes or doesn't like Auto Collage? RRS feed

• Question

•  I'm thinking of purchasing Auto Collage 2008, please give me comments re: experiences, likes, dislikes, problems to help me decide.  Any updates in the works anybody knows of?  Thanx for all replys,  Trish
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:43 PM

All replies

• I really like it... I can do a similiar job in Photoshop, but it would take me 45 minutes to an hour... vs. 2 minutes here. While I canoot place each photo exactly where I specifically want it, the speed trade off is worth while. And for 2o bucks, you cannot go wrong.
    Friday, September 14, 2012 5:34 PM
  • Bob, thanx for reply, can you give steps like for a tutorial or something of that nature.  I can change rankings but still images cover each other and cut off heads, erc.  I keep changing rankings but never get near anything acceptable, using 20 images at first, then 8-10 same result.  Advice appreciated, thanx,  Trish   PS:  PSE6 worked much much better for me.
    Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:22 PM
  • I have used Auto Collage for quite a while. Although I always really liked the way the collages turned out, I love it now because there have been updates to the few things I disliked about it. For example, it used to be hard to get the exact photos you wanted to use because they were taken from folders already set up in your files.  I was about to use it today for the first time in a while today (too busy) - I was VERY pleasantly surprised when I clicked on the help section to find there are many more options to get exactly the total image you're looking for as well as the individual images you're wanting in the collage. 

The update integrates Collage with Windows Live Photo Gallery so that there is an option in Photo Gallery to choose photos for Microsoft Collage! This makes all the difference- There were several other updates listed that gives the user more control but I always liked it and used it a lot until recently. My opinion is it already was a great product but the updates make it perfect! Definitely get it- you are sure to like it!

One more thing- If you click the button to create and it is not exactly what you want- just click create again because they always turn out different- Discard the first one- it is that simple! You can't beat the price either!!

Amanda N. Chicoine

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 6:56 PM
  • To TrisheBear,

Although I'm not sure when this update was added but if you go under advanced options there are options that give you much more control over image overlap. To get it exactly as you want it, click on the Help (?) and under Index look for Advanced Output Options. It tells exactly how to control this by the use of an Image Overlap Slider. Very easy to find and use.

Amanda N. Chicoine

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:15 PM
  • I like its quick method.

It can be done other ways but not in anywhere near the same time.

My only problem is that I can't unlock it - link doesn't take me anywhere to buy.

An addition I would like is to modify the trial watermark to a personalised title in the unlocked version

Sunday, October 28, 2012 6:26 PM
  • I saw some other collages that had the AutoCollage watermark which is what led me to try this one.  After a little while I decided to make the purchase and am glad I did.  I've tried probably 20 collage programs, some paid and some free, but none of them come close to AutoCollage.  A few things I'd like to see in future updates is possibly some templates, using a background image and having collage images with some transparency, have borders around pictures in the collage, being able to have grids in collages instead of just the blending effect.  But the $20 spent for what you get is worth it in my opinion.  I wish there was an update history somewhere to see how often AutoCollage is updated with new features.  
    Sunday, November 4, 2012 10:24 AM
  • I tried the trial version and loved it, so purchased the auto collage from Microsoft online store. The water mark would never go away, even after I uninstalled the trial program and downloaded the purchased program. I contacted the company, 4 people later over an hour on the phone,( and reps who's english was not very clear, they had never even heard of the program, so I still can't use it, I would not PURCHASE THIS PROGRAM, a waste of TIME and MONEY. Hope this helps.

Jennifer

Saturday, December 1, 2012 3:50 AM