Backup Issues in RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• I have two different backup issues in RC1, neither of which were present in the Beta or CTP.

1) I Have a Windows Vista Home Basic laptop, which does backup, but fails to go back to sleep

after the backup has completed. This worked correctly in RC1. Talq: 352511264

2) My flatmate has a Windows XP Professional laptop which doesn't even wake up to do the backups, yet manual backups work OK. Again, this laptop backed up normally under RC1. Talq: 352512357

I've tried uninstalling the WHS Connector software, rebooting the PC, installing the connector software again (from \\software share) and rebooting again, but they still don't work correctly. The original connector install for RC1 was from the Connector CD - so neither the CD nor the version on the software share work for me.

I haven't tried my Vista Premium Desktop PC with standby as it's my media centre PC and tends to be on 24/7 anyway. I've now set it to sleep after  3 hours inactivity, so will put it to sleep tonight and see if it backs up and goes back to sleep again.

The next stage for me will be to try a clean Windows Vista install on the Vista laptop and see if the WHS connector will then return the laptop to standby correctly.

Anyone one else have any clues or answers?

Many thanks.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:07 AM

All replies

• I take it no-one has any answers, not even MVP's?

Can I ask an MVP to bug it in connect as us mere mortals are unable to any more.

Perhaps this problem will be fixed in RC2.

Cheers.

Thursday, June 28, 2007 11:50 AM