locked
Remote access problems RRS feed

  • Question

  • Is anyone else having remote access issues.  It suddenly quit working and now I am getting the following errors

    The domain name is not setup

    The password for your domain name service provider user account is not correct

    You domain name cannot be resolved to the IP address for your server.

    Dynamic DNS cannot be updated.

    I tried turning if off and back on but its still not working.

    The Domain name setup and web site settings buttons is also grayed out any suggestions.  Also repair does not work.

    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:16 AM

Answers

All replies

  • +1 Same here, my wife notified me from work she couldn't access RWA.

    I have a static IP and the only changes I've made to my LAN recently was to add a PAP2T yesterday, but I couldn't see how that'd affect the operation of remote access since they're using vastly different ports.

    Ensured ports still forwarded correctly,  and everything else is config'd as it should be.

     

     

     

     

    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 3:20 PM
  • I have the same problem... I first noticed it last night everything was working fine over the weekend.  I haven't made any changes recently, it just quit working.  I reset my cable modem and my router and still no luck.
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 4:51 PM
  • the fix to my problem was a system reboot.  Seems the dashboard service was not running.
    Thursday, October 7, 2010 4:42 AM