CRM3.0 - error message when user attempts to close an opportunity RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In CRM 3.0, when a user tries to close an opportunity CRM throws an error screen saying that the user does not have the permissions to view the page.  The page I am referring to is the "Close Opportunity" window that pops up and lets you choose whether the opportunity was won or lost. 

The user is the owner of the opportunity and the security role shows that the user has the necessary privilages to alter, append, delete, etc opportunities in his BU. 

A lot of users are experiencing this... and it happenes for different security roles except the System Admin role. 

So I guess my question would be, where does CRM store security privilages for closing an opportunity?
    Friday, February 29, 2008 6:37 PM

Answers

• I doubt this is anything to do with update rollups. When an opportunity is closed, CRM creates an OpportunityClose activity that's appended to the opportunity. CRM also checks if there are any open quotes on the opportunity

So, user's need create and appendto privileges on the activity entity, append on the opportunity entity, and read on the quote entity

Saturday, March 1, 2008 4:34 PM

All replies

• Dear,

check rollup update 3..  also see role related to oppertunity.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Friday, February 29, 2008 6:50 PM
  • Thanks for the quick response!

We have Rollup Update 2 installed... not aware of 3.

As for the security role everything looks fine.  There is no restriction preventing the users with that role from changing an opportunity.  There is nothing mentioning closing an opportunity in the security role, so where is CRM checking the permissions for the Close window?
    Friday, February 29, 2008 7:23 PM
  • sorry only rollup update 2 is available.. its typeo erorr.

About close security you can check append to security roll or update.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 1, 2008 11:16 AM
  • I doubt this is anything to do with update rollups. When an opportunity is closed, CRM creates an OpportunityClose activity that's appended to the opportunity. CRM also checks if there are any open quotes on the opportunity

So, user's need create and appendto privileges on the activity entity, append on the opportunity entity, and read on the quote entity

Saturday, March 1, 2008 4:34 PM
  • That was it... the security rolls that were experiencing this issue had the read permissions disabled for quotes.  I changed it to user level and it fixed the problem. 

Thanks very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated!

this house, is cleared
    Tuesday, March 4, 2008 7:05 PM