Remote Access issues RRS feed

• Question

• Have a major issue here.  I had to change my Windows Live ID password and failed to do so on Windows Home Server 2011. Now I am unable to release the DNS, get access to my domain( runtime error) or do much else.  I have no idea on where to start to fix this issue.

What so I do?

<object height="1" id="plugin0" style=";z-index:1000;" type="application/x-dgnria" width="1"><param name="tabId" value="{BA8CCDC0-49FC-48C5-87C2-DB4612C9ACC6}" /></object>
    Saturday, March 15, 2014 8:28 PM

Answers

• What exactly are you doing and what happens? Why would you need to change anything on WHS2011 after you change the Windows Live ID? You only need it once AFAIK and that is when you register/setup the domain name.

When I rebuilt my server, I had to log in to Live as I wanted the same domain name but the server was seen as a new machine. Only then did it ask for a Live password. Can you simply turn off and turn on Remote Web Access?

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:38 PM
    Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:52 AM
  • I agree. I changed my password a short while ago and WHS just warned me it could not log in and to reenter the password. What else has changed on your Server - this sounds like a red herring!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:25 PM

All replies

• What exactly are you doing and what happens? Why would you need to change anything on WHS2011 after you change the Windows Live ID? You only need it once AFAIK and that is when you register/setup the domain name.

When I rebuilt my server, I had to log in to Live as I wanted the same domain name but the server was seen as a new machine. Only then did it ask for a Live password. Can you simply turn off and turn on Remote Web Access?

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:52 AM
  • I agree. I changed my password a short while ago and WHS just warned me it could not log in and to reenter the password. What else has changed on your Server - this sounds like a red herring!

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 9:25 PM