none
0x800700b7 Config Error_ There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I was trying to set up the local website for development and testing by using the products of Visual Studio 2017, TFS in Windows 10. Part of the exercise, I had build the solution of application successfully, also enabled the Turn Windows Features ON  in .Net Framework 3.5, however when I load my local URL in a web browser(IR & Chrome)  via IIS Manager it throws the following errors.. Much appreciate, if anyone has solution to resolve this issue

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Informations:

Module    IIS Web Core
    Notification    Unknown
    Handler    Not yet determined
    Error Code    0x800700b7
    Config Error    

There is a duplicate 'system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptResourceHandler' section defined

Config Source:
       13:             <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
       14:                 <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
       15:                 <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Thursday, May 4, 2017 1:34 AM
    Tuesday, May 2, 2017 8:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Arun,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is about .Net Framework Setup and Servicing, from your description, this issue is much related to the project migrating, I suggest you could post in

https://forums.iis.net/1041.aspx/1?General   to get a better professional support.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by 宝宝徐 Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:30 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Thanks Lana. I too earlier thought this is not related to MS .net framework however I couldn't pick up the appropriate subjects to relate.

I just posted in IIS forum, finger crossed.

Thanks

Arun Chinnadurai

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:48 AM