PostImageEntity in Plug in RRS feed

• Question

• When I change the owner of a record i would like to record the old user and new user values, in order to do so I am writing a plug-in but I get to see only PreImageEntity property with value but no value for post Image entity property.

any clue what could be wrong?

KV
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:57 AM

Answers

• I mean that in Assign plugins in Context.InputProperties you can retrieve systemuser which will be new owner of a record after it reassigned. Check following code which describes how to retrieve new owner of a record:

SecurityPrincipal userMoniker = (SecurityPrincipal)context.InputParameters["Assignee"];
    Guid userId = userMoniker.PrincipalId;
    Truth is opened the prepared mind

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)free countersLocations of visitors to this page
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:51 AM

All replies

• You can receive new owner identifier from plugin's context. You don't need postImage.

My blog (english)
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:02 AM
  • you mean Context.UserId? I think that gives you the logged-in user id and not the new user id. new assigned user can be any one.
    KV
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:39 AM
  • I mean that in Assign plugins in Context.InputProperties you can retrieve systemuser which will be new owner of a record after it reassigned. Check following code which describes how to retrieve new owner of a record:

SecurityPrincipal userMoniker = (SecurityPrincipal)context.InputParameters["Assignee"];
    Guid userId = userMoniker.PrincipalId;

My blog (english)
    Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:51 AM