CRM 3.0 Outlook Client: Read-Only Error Message RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Currently our users are having problems on our CRM 3.0 - Outlook 2007 client; for some reason when Outlook is first started, we get these multiple error messages.

I'm trying to see if there are actually any closed activities or items that are causing this problem. So on SQL table I run this a query to find any activities that are recently modified but originally closed/completed a while ago.

Using Advanced Find, I found that there are actually a number of activities that were modified even after they were closed, as pictured below. Here the "Last Updated Date" is later than the "Actual End", while Actual End is the date the Activities were closed or completed. Some of the dates here are the same, but they are actually different in time.

I'm wondering if this is normal to have Activities modified after they were closed. Is this probably what's causing the multiple error message on Outlook? My guess is Outlook is trying to synchronize items in CRM that were already closed/read-only.

Could anyone please clarify me on this? Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Elizabeth K.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 7:49 PM

Answers

• I have seen modified on dates change when Parent records are re-assigned, integration exists with Scribe or other applications that touch the records even though they don't change the record.  I have not seen the error message before.  Have you check the event viewer on the user machine to see if any more detailed information is available?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:14 PM

All replies

• I have seen modified on dates change when Parent records are re-assigned, integration exists with Scribe or other applications that touch the records even though they don't change the record.  I have not seen the error message before.  Have you check the event viewer on the user machine to see if any more detailed information is available?

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 9:14 PM
  • Was there aver any resolution to this!??!??! i cannot for the life of me figure out what the issue is?
    Friday, May 20, 2011 3:23 AM