ZIp File format RRS feed

• Question

• I have a question on zip files.

I am writing a zip file in the following way:

[local file header 0]

[local file header n]

[central directory]

[end of cd ]

is this valid format. thank you for your time.

-Ramesh D

some bugs got resolved presently I get a checksum error while trying to extract a file.

I have used zlib to compress data written into the zip file.

Sunday, October 1, 2017 11:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for your update.

What's your project type? It seems more relates to a development issue, and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you find a better support forum.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 2, 2017 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi rameshdk,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I have a question on zip files.

Could you please share the detail error message and which code lead to this issue? Please share more detail information and that will help us to research this issue, thank you for your cooperation.

Did you use the source library of Zip to code? If so and you used the 7zip, maybe you can try to redirect to this appropriate forum: http://www.7-zip.org/support.html to seek for a more professional support, since our forum is to discuss the Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 2, 2017 2:15 AM
  • I have not used 7zip. I have written my own code to update a zipfile.

The problem comes with the new file with which I am updating(using zlib to compress the data) and not for the old files in the archive. The compressed data for new file is   present in the zip file but I get a checksum error when trying to extract it.

-Ramesh

• Edited by rameshdk Monday, October 2, 2017 5:41 AM
    Monday, October 2, 2017 5:24 AM
  • Hi Ramesh,

Thank you for your update.

What's your project type? It seems more relates to a development issue, and our forum is to discuss the VS IDE, I will help you find a better support forum.

Best regards,

Sara

Monday, October 2, 2017 6:24 AM