Would be nice to mark specific threads for later, ie: favorites or bookmarks RRS feed

• General discussion

• Often, there are certain threads where I need to spend extra time before coming back to them, or where I want to try to implement some functionality prior to responding.

It would be nice if there was a way to mark threads as a "favorite" thread, or bookmark it in some way.  Right now, after a day or so, a thread I'm thinking about will end up on page 2 or 3 of "My Threads", and it becomes difficult to track down again.

Granted, this probably only is an issue for very active answerers (since it's only become a problem as I've become more active), but it would still be very nice.
    Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    Monday, October 5, 2009 6:33 PM

All replies

• Forum bookmarks are history.  Why don't you use the bookmark feature of your browser?  "Add to favorites" in IE.
    Hans Passant.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:11 PM
  • Bah.  I do.  It works, but it's clunky.  Some other sites I frequent often have ways to mark threads (although not necessarily bookmarks) - ie: a favorites, todo, follow up, or something similar.  Browser bookmarks are clunky, "global" items, instead of something that I can focus on when I'm focusing on the specific site.

Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:50 PM
  • Agreed why did Forums remove the bookmarking capability?  I was using that to filter out very specific threads, and because it lived there instead of my computer, it was actually better for the End User.... 

How about it MSFT, reinstante Bookmarks?

Javaman
    Friday, July 30, 2010 4:44 PM
  • I agree. I do want to have My Threads Favorites (and probably for each forum separately or at least with ability to group/tag). I often don't bookmark important threads and then spend time trying to find them again. I want it to be right here in the right menu, not from the Browser Favorites menu or Delicious website.
    Premature optimization is the root of all evil in programming. (c) by Donald Knuth

Naomi Nosonovsky, Sr. Programmer-Analyst

My blog
    Friday, July 30, 2010 5:07 PM
  • As a new user of the forums, I'd like to add my voice to a having a local 'threadmarking' facility. I was looking to post the suggestion when I found this thread. Browser bookmaks work to a point, but only when I'm on a computer where I can sychronise my bookmarks.
    Friday, August 6, 2010 8:43 AM
  • is there anything like plugin where you can actually save the entire webpage in the computer, not like manual save as, just like a bookmark button and it will be available all the time, online offline :)
    BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 4:58 AM
  • Are you sure it is not any more functioning in the forums.

I noticed that when using Google Chrome or Apple Safire much of the functionality from the forums come back. 

However, many functions in the Microsoft forums, don't function correct with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I assume you get the same correct expirienced with Firefox. 

The forums seems not to be made for Microsoft Internet Explorer. 

With other websites than the Microsoft forums I've no problems with Microsoft Internet Explorer.

The bad experience with Microsoft forums is only given in Microsoft Internet Explorer.

Success
    Cor
    Tuesday, August 24, 2010 6:11 AM