none
how to prepare for MS exams? RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi there...

am a 2nd year engg student,and wanted to know whether i could apply for any MS certification exam,my field of intrest is in software development,and am specialized in C and C++,..though trying now to learn a bit of .NET too.....

so was wondering if there is any certification exams held for us students in this regard....

also wanted to know about the internship programs that MS and other big companies have for freshers as soon as they finish graduation....

thanks in advance...

Friday, October 12, 2007 7:24 AM

All replies

• There are various institutes.. just join a good one.

Another option, prepare them through internet, and when you're very much sure to pass an exam, fill the exam form.

Monday, October 15, 2007 5:45 PM

• u should b fully prepared in all microsoft lang,frameworks etc...
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 6:35 AM
  • Hi,

Sure, you can go ahead and join any big institute which will teach you the fundas of .Net (like NIIT, Karaox, Seed, etc). But I think it would be better if you start learning on your own. Many of these institutes charge heavily and don;t teach you many advanced topics.

Secondly, as a start you can go ahead and give Microsoft Exam 70-536 which is Application Development Foundation targeting .Net Framework 2.0. You can refer Microsoft Press books for it.

If you're well with C/C++ syntax, then probably you can go ahead and give the exam in C#. Depending on the level of understanding, you might be able to clear the exam in 3-4 months period.

Mayur Tendulkar

Thursday, October 18, 2007 11:18 AM
  • do certifications give one tremendous advantage ?
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 12:55 PM
  • Hi,

Well it depends on how you define "tremendous advantage".

Sure, if you clear any exams, you get the knowledge and plus a recognition from Microsoft. Along with it, you may see some rise in your salary and add some value to your resume.

Thursday, October 18, 2007 1:32 PM
  • I wanna do VC++2005 tell me frm where i can do it?
    Thursday, October 18, 2007 9:16 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, you can give exams only in C# or VB.Net. So, please go throgh the site http://www.microsoft.com/learning

Friday, October 19, 2007 8:40 AM
  • as of joining institutes like NIIT  i will sayt better prepare urself.....and of internships MS has a site where u can upload ur resumes ...i forgot the url google it//
    Saturday, November 10, 2007 10:53 AM
  • hi You easily get the information for ms certification exam.Best method is Google search and you also ask in the private institution which is give trainnig about this.Bye good luck.

Friday, November 30, 2007 7:08 PM