none
Alert Me not working RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently posted questions to the Visual Basic forum and ticked the "Alert me when someone responds to this post", however I was never alerted via email when replies were posted.

Is this a known issue or have I mis-understood it's use?

Cheers 

P.S. I have read and tried doing what was in the Problems Confirming Email for Forums Alerts post.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:25 AM

Answers

• What is in the alerts section in the My Settings page? Have you configured your email address yet? The AlertMe option when posting depends on setting that but we haven't coded the dependency, so unless you have already configured your alerts, you won't see anything show up. We have something in the backlog to prompt users to set their email if they haven't when selecting this, haven't been able to get to it yet though.
    Community Forums Program Manager

Thanks Brent, that was the answer, I hadn't set the email address.

Cheers & Thanks

• Marked as answer by Winnie_Dogboy Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:27 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:27 PM

All replies

• What is in the alerts section in the My Settings page? Have you configured your email address yet? The AlertMe option when posting depends on setting that but we haven't coded the dependency, so unless you have already configured your alerts, you won't see anything show up. We have something in the backlog to prompt users to set their email if they haven't when selecting this, haven't been able to get to it yet though.
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:24 PM
    Answerer

Thanks Brent, that was the answer, I hadn't set the email address.

Cheers & Thanks

• Marked as answer by Winnie_Dogboy Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:27 PM
    Thursday, June 2, 2011 10:27 PM