so with this "Morro" product? RRS feed

• Question

• Do you have a final release date for this software? I am so disappointed with the ending of onecare as its been the best software I've had. I didn't mind paying the subscription as it actually saved me money than if I bought all the programmes separately!! I run winXP Home nad have had absolutely no problems with this software unlike other programmes.
     My subscription runs out early September, WAH!!!!
    What antimalware/antispyware programme would you recommend I use until Morro is released? And will there be as much online support as onecare has?
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:29 PM

Answers

• Microsoft Security Essentials, formerly code named Morro, is planned for release at around the same time as Windows 7. When your subscription to One Care nears expiration you should be offered a free six month extension if you attempt to renew so you will be protected. Microsoft Security Essentials will have e-mail support as well as online forums - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:53 PM

All replies

• Microsoft Security Essentials, formerly code named Morro, is planned for release at around the same time as Windows 7. When your subscription to One Care nears expiration you should be offered a free six month extension if you attempt to renew so you will be protected. Microsoft Security Essentials will have e-mail support as well as online forums - http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/mse
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh - Microsoft Security Essentials
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 10:53 PM
  • Thanks for that Jim, I am rather dissappointed that Microsoft are pulling onecare as its been the best software I've ever used. And its great that I should be offered a free six month extension, this will give me time to look at Security Essentials.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:13 PM
  • AHHH ! I just went to the website and found Security Essentials is not available in New Zealand!!!!
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:24 PM
  • The beta is currently limited to the U.S.,Brazil, and Israel but should be expanded as the beta progresses.
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 11:45 PM
  • AHHH ! I just went to the website and found Security Essentials is not available in New Zealand!!!!

As a side note, Microsoft Security Essentials will be free when released. The current beta will install on an English language version of Windows, no matter where you are located. :-)

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Thursday, July 9, 2009 12:31 PM