none
Gallery download recognitions off by 1 RRS feed

• Question

• The TechNet FAQ lists the recognition points for the first level of recognition as follows:

Your gallery contribution was downloaded 20 times.               +20

The recognition is not being awarded until the contribution has been downloaded for a 21 time.  This also applies to the other levels (e.g. you need 51 downloads to receive recognition for the 50th).  Not a critical issue, but wanted to make you aware.

If you found this post helpful, please "Vote as Helpful". If it answered your question, remember to "Mark as Answer".

Rich Prescott | Infrastructure Architect, Windows Engineer and PowerShell blogger | MCITP, MCTS, MCP

[Blog] Engineering Efficiency | [Twitter] @Rich_Prescott | [Powershell GUI] Client System Administration tool | [PowerShell GUI] New AD User Creation tool
    Friday, October 7, 2011 5:39 PM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting this Rich. The galleries team is aware of the bug and should have it fixed in their next release. (They send the recognition system the milestones for us to then process).
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, October 7, 2011 9:08 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 7:33 PM

All replies

• Thanks for reporting this Rich. The galleries team is aware of the bug and should have it fixed in their next release. (They send the recognition system the milestones for us to then process).
    • Marked as answer by Rich Prescott Friday, October 7, 2011 9:08 PM
    Friday, October 7, 2011 7:33 PM
  • I've also noticed that the total number of Gallery downloads reported in my profile seems to always be 1 less the number I get by checking each of my submissions in the Gallery and adding the downloads reported for each. I was assuming a timing issue, but this difference has persisted for a few weeks. Of no real concern, but probably related.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services
    Friday, October 7, 2011 10:41 PM