none
Changing original Admin account to child

Question

• I am giving my old computer to my teenager but wish for him NOT to be an Admin on the computer. Because we all used the same profile in the past....all of his downloads, games, ect are on the original profile.  I have since created myself a new profile and made myself an Admin, changed his name, birth date ect... on the original...BUT it will not switch it over to a child account, the only option is "Standard User or Admin".  It won't let me do anything else. This is necessary for me to be able to set time limits and using the parental control software.  What am I doing wrong?
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, September 19, 2016 2:19 PM Looking for the correct forum.
    Sunday, September 18, 2016 6:01 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, September 19, 2016 2:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The 'Academic Initiatives - General Discussions' forum is for any posts not covered under any of the other forums as related to Microsoft's Academic Initiatives.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion'

Karl